Will Power Year 2 logo.300.jpg

The pandemic has heightened our sensitivity to the difficulties many Canadians face as they grapple with mental health issues. At Our Harbour we are proud to acknowledge that since 2003 our grassroots, non-profit organization has been ahead of the curve and at the forefront of this national challenge by providing caring, affordable, long-term housing and support to adults living with mental illness.

We want our mission to continue well into the future!

To help secure our future, we continue to partner with Will Power, a national movement that seeks to inspire Canadians to think differently about charitable giving and support the causes they care about through a gift in their wills.

We are also appealing to you to consider a gift to Our Harbour in your will.

Our Harbour is proud to showcase our legacy on our English and French Will Power websites. We are especially pleased with our video, Empathy in Action! What a wonderful way to share the Our Harbour story with family and friends.


The Will Power website offers useful tools (like the legacy calculator) that show how your will can be turned into a powerful instrument for social change by supporting charities that are close to your heart. Even 1% of your estate could result in a truly powerful gift, while still leaving 99% for family and friends. The website includes additional resources as well as links to financial advisors and notaries, many of whom offer free consultations.

In a recent webinar entitled The Top Seven Myths About Leaving a Charitable Gift in Your Will, renowned financial advisor in philanthropy Keith Thompson explained how the Canadian government has created some of the best tax incentives in the world for charitable giving from your estate. Click the links for the English or French webinars.

Over the past 20 years, your support has kept Our Harbour’s mission alive. We hope you will continue to share your love by making a gift to Our Harbour in your will. Even a small gift can create a significant impact on the lives of our residents who live with mental illness. Please reach out to Our Harbour DG Dolly Shinhat if you have any questions about how your gift might be used. Dolly can be reached at

Susan Kerwin-Boudreau